Senior Economist / Economist (Full Time & Freelance)Iris Kong
SQW China Limited (sqwchinagroup.com) is a premier economic and strategic planning counsel based in Hong Kong. We deliver economic strategy advice, social policy and market analysis to leading MNCs, governments and international agencies (e.g. World Bank and IFC). We help our clients resolve issues ranging from development of strategy, evolution and planning of public sector policy, through to the execution of major financial transactions and development initiatives.
Due to increasing project success in large scale economic development projects in the Asia Pacific Region, we are seeking experienced economist for these Projects in our offices in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific Region. You will compose strategic and innovative approach to formulate economic policy and models.
- Provision of quantitative, economic, financial, policy and strategic advice related to economic issues and the capital planning process.
- Providing analysis of and forecasts for relevant macroeconomic indicators and trends as they pertain to consumer and business lending lines and the management of the corporate balance sheet.
- Provides to senior management and clients with an informed and unbiased perspective on overall economic conditions as well as economic trends in the world and in particular Asia Pacific region.
- Contributes to a greater understanding of overall economic conditions by producing regular written analysis and commentary, fulfilling ad hoc requests for data and analysis from the various business lines, and making market visits for presentations to clients and management.
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with both new and existing clients
- Master’s degree in Economics or related discipline from a reputable university
- A minimum of three years experience working as an economist including experience with strong predictive quantitative and mathematics modeling skills (time series and cross sectional analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to identify key economic, financial, regulatory, and demographic drivers of economic trends on the regional and national levels, and to assess how changes in relevant metrics will impact the various business lines at the national and industry levels
- Frequent travel in the Asia Pacific region
To apply: We offer a great career opportunity for suitable candidate. Please send your detailed resume (skills and project experience details), availability or notice period, current and expected salary to email@example.com.